Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookies

I love cookies. I haven't met many that I don't love; and as much as I love eating them, I love baking them even more. Gabe has been hitting one milestone after another, and it occured to me today that he has never really "helped" me bake. He loves to watch, but has never really done it. So I decided I would give it a try today. What fun we had!! He was so excited to help, and even more excited to eat the results! Lol :)

He had a lot of fun dumping the flour and other dry ingredients into the bowl, and turning the KithenAid on and off. When it came time to put in the chocolate chips, he would rather eat them then put them in the dough!

Chocolate Chip Cookies:
1/2 cup unsalted butter (I use Land O Lakes)
1/2 cup butter flavored Crisco
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
Cream above ingedients together until smooth. (FYI- you can use all butter or all Crisco, or my Mom uses half Crisco and half margarine..whatever you like), then add:
2 3/4 cups flour
1 tsp salt
 1 tsp baking soda
 Mix together and then add to butter mixture until smooth. Then add in one bag of chocolate chips. Roll into one-inch balls, and bake for 10-12 minutes (I do ten) at 375 degrees. YUMMY!  

No comments:

Post a Comment