Monday, January 10, 2011

Making a Living..

After I left my job at COA, to be a stay-at-home Mom, I found myself feeling like I needed to "contribute" more financially to our household. Not at anyone's urging except my own, Jeremy is quite content with my role as a Mom and a wife. So I started to think, what am I good at?

I know that I love to bake. I know that I have always wanted my own business. Seems like a good fit. I have been so blessed with a business that I can run out of my home, with loyal customers, and a family that supports me. Even though at the end of the day, I really don't have the first clue about running a business. I've heard that you are suppose to write up a "business plan" with short and long term goals. Yeah, definitely didn't do that. I've heard you are suppose to charge a certain percentage over what your costs are. Nope, don't do that either. I charge what I would be willing to pay for my treats.

So, at the the end of the day, for someone with no plan, I'm really not doing half bad. However, there is this one small thing...

Who in their right mind thought it would be a good idea for the girl that should lose 100+ pounds to run a cookie business? Helllllooooo.....

I didn't do half bad over Christmas. I think I made so many I was almost sick of looking at them. Which puzzled me, because after working at Angello's for years, I still was never sick of pasta..Hmm.

However, tonight, I managed to eat three cookies before I really realized what I was doing. I did, however, stop myself from eating a dozen. So, even though I waivered a bit, it wasn't a total bust. I started to remember what it felt like to eat "mindlessly", I don't like that feeling. Another goal for this week is to try not to do that.

Sorry for the randomness, but I promised to share my successes and messes :) Goodnight.

2 comments:

  1. The main reason we don't make cookies is because I eat them! I can't walk past a plate of them on the counter without eating at least two. I don't know how you bake them for a living!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is nice to know. Sometimes I feel like I am the only person that cannot control my urge to grab a few! Lol :)
    I usually to just bake enough for what I have ordered. I found that this really helps with me trying to eat the left-overs. However, yesterday, I was baking just to use as "props" so I could take pictures of up-coming V-Day specials. So...the left overs have now been sent with my Dad, and with Jeremy for him to share at work! :)

    ReplyDelete