Saturday, January 8, 2011

Life Is Full Of Choices..

Choices. We are faced with so many every day that we probably don't think twice about most of them. In evaluating my eatng habits, I soon realized what poor choices I have been making for myself. Did I really need to eat three Reese Trees in one sitting AND have ice cream before bed? Probably not.

I am using this blog partly to make me accountable for what I put in my mouth. I have done really good this week at hitting my daily points range for what I have eaten. On top of the daily points, I also get 40-some weekly points to distribute how I like, or to use all at once, or not at all. I wanted to go out for lunch, but without ruining my whole plan. I searched through the WW site....

What was a pleasant surprise?? Pizza Hut! One of my favorites!

I could easily swing two bread sticks and half of a personal pan meat lovers pizza and still have plenty of points for the rest of the day. Oh...but could I really only eat HALF of a personal pan pizza?

YES! I can and I did! AND I was full! I am starting to realize that I was doing a whole lot of "mindless" eating. Not really paying attention to what I was eating, how much, and eating well after my body was telling me that it had had enough.

I know that there will be highs and lows to this journey, but lunch today was most certainly a high! Not only can I eat what I normally eat, I can be smart about it! How empowering :)

No comments:

Post a Comment