Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Love Your Enemies?

I really want this blog to be overall lighthearted. I am a happy person, with more blessings in my life than I can count. But I read something tonight that made my blood bubble.

I really have a problem with people who use a religious platform to spew a message of hate and anger. God is love. He commands us to love one another, even when we don't want to. Jesus shows us time and time again His love for us, and how we should love eachother. I try to keep this in mind every day, I want to love completely.

I will not name this group, but many of you know who I am speaking of. Said "group" decided to protest at the 9- year old's funeral who was shot and killed in Arizona this past week. Why, you ask? Because she was Catholic.

Yes, this group, who claim to be Christians believe that "God poured out His wrath upon" this innocent girl because she is Catholic, and they want the world to know it.

As I read the article further, it seems that this group decided not to protest her funeral because instead, they were offered radio-time at a well known station in exchange for not protesting the funreal. They figure they can reach more ears over the radio waves.

Unreal. I am never ceased to be amazed at this group, as they also protest at military funerals.

As I sit here and think about it, I try very much to maintain a Christian perspective. However, I can say that I believe one of the most difficult things that Jesus tells us to do is to "love our enemies" .

No comments:

Post a Comment