Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A New Year..

I find that at the turn of a new year, there is much to be pondered from the years past. What can we change in this new year, how can we make it better, what can we do differently?

Here are a few things I have decided.

I refuse to "diet". I will, however, make better choices for myself and my family, change the way I prepare meals, and do everything in my power to make the number on the scale go down. Because quite frankly, this is no longer an issue of vanity, this is an issue of health. This is me, putting my size 10 foot DOWN! This is not a resolution, it is a life change.

I am assuming that I am not in this boat alone. As I find new ways to cook healthy meals, and learn how to bake in a healthier way as well, I will make an attempt to share those recipes here. Eventually, I hope to come up with sensible meal plans and suggestions for ways to avoid overeating, emotional eating, and how to make better choices when eating out.

What else am I learning? Being the Mom of a rambunctious two year old, I can honestly say that he teaches me something new every day. I am sure I will be sharing my "messes and sucesses" of motherhood as well. I have learned soo much from other mothers, and I hope that in sharing my experieinces I can help other Mom's too! :)

Also, I will share the awesome things that God does for me on a daily basis. Recently, He has led me to pursue my dreams of obtaining higher education. Last semster I enrolled at Liberty University, majoring in Psychology with a specialization in Christian Counseling. His will for my life, and the way He has guided me to get there has been amazing. It is my prayer that my love for Him shines through as you read this blog.

May God bless you richly.

1 comment: